I’m looking into doing some user testing of Opera with disabled and older users to try and establish what features we can enhance to help people when browsing.
Having put the question out over Twitter it was interesting that most of you came back with questions around zooming. So I thought I’d list a few of the things that I’ve been talking to people about recently and ask you what your thoughts were:
- What makes better sense, full-page zooming or text-only zooming?
- Does zooming full pages present new usability problems that wouldn’t occur with text-only zooming?
- From a UI perspective how can we make zooming features more visible?
- How do we make zoom features more usable?
- Zooming can lead to people losing context, how can we help people work around that?
I have thoughts and ideas on all of the above but I’m far more interested in hearing from you whether you use these features or not. I’d also prefer comments here rather than on Twitter so non-Twitterers can follow the dicussion and I can keep better tabs on feedback.