I spotted Using Virtual Worlds and Emerging Technologies for People with Disabilities on Upcoming this Friday, 29th of February. The free event will be held online with live discussion in Second Life at 9am PST (slurl) as well as a follow-up discussion for the rest of the day, 10AM PST- 6PM PST, in TechSoup’s Accessible Technology and Public Computing forum.
Simon Stevens (aka Simon Walsh in Second Life) will be speaking about his work in Second Life. Simon, who has cerebral palsy
manages the Wheelies nightclub for people with disabilities in Second Life and the Second Ability Second Life simulator.
Topics that will be covered during the rest of the day in the TechSoup forum include:
- Innovative ways that emerging technologies are making technology more accessible for people with disabilities
- Ways people with disabilities use technologies to expand their communities?
- How can we work to make accessibility a design priority in the virtual world as well as the real world?
- What are some free resources to help people with disabilities find accessible technology tools?
- How can nonprofit organizations help make technology more accessible for people with disabilities?
Hope to see some of you there.