- Go to Wii-ware.
- Click Start.
- Click Shopping.
- Choose Wii Channel (third choice after Virtual Console and Wii-ware).
- Scroll to bottom of list and click Internet Channel.
- Download and select whether to save to Wii itself or to SD card.
- Info page – “This software supports the Wiimote and selected keyboards”. Click OK.
- Do you want to update/install? Click OK.
- Go back to the Wii menu click “Internet channel” and away you go.
Thank you to @ourmaninjapan for the pointers.
As an extra bonus Nintendo are now offering the Wii Internet Channel for free. If you want to check it out but don’t have a Wii there’s plenty of information about it in the My Opera Wii community.