Having been tagged by Gez Lemon here are my seven things and seven people. The idea behind the meme is that you share seven facts about yourself and then pass it on to seven other people by name checking them in the post.
Rules of the seven things meme
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
- When I was a student in Beijing I worked part-time doing voice overs on a video that accompanied an English text book. A couple of years later, when I was teaching in a primary school in Ningbo southern China, I found myself being forced to use the same video when teaching. Painful, seriously painful. My not so illustrious career in teaching ended soon after that when I moved to Shanghai and started working for a Chinese search engine.
- Reality TV is like crack cocaine to me. One episode of anything and I’m hooked.
- My friend Neil’s one and a half year old son Sam was paralysed in a car accident three years ago. I went dog sledding in the Arctic to raise money for him and together with friends we started fund raising on a permanent basis. Thanks to the help of hundreds of people we have raised 30K to help the family buy life changing equipment. Sam’s doing well and we’re focusing his website on spinal research now, but swing by and say Hi Sam, he’d like that.
- I’m a complete snob about noodles. I’d rather gnaw off my right arm than eat somewhere like China Tang. Give me street food any day.
- I’m very good at keeping other people’s secrets, but some secrets are a huge burden to carry.
- I once got stuck in non-man’s land when crossing the border betwen Vietnam and China on foot because my visa’s were not correct. That’s when I learnt that in incrediably bad situations I tend not to panic. I save that for the small unimportant things instead.
- I have a geek crush on Stephan Fry and Sir Tim Berners-Lee (there, I’ve said it now). Gentleman, if ever you want to come over for dinner you are more than welcome.
- Lisa Herrod – my wonderful co-lead of WaSP International Liason Group
- Victor Tsaran – musician and accessibility genius at Yahoo!
- Realazy – fighting on the front lines of web standards in China.
- Zibin Cheah – fellow Opera evangelist fixing the web in Asia.
- Richard Ishida – the internationalisation king.
- Glenda Sims – the Goodwitch, ’nuff said.
- Stephen Fry – twitterer and geek and essential to my not breaking my Chinese New Year resolutions.